Ciente do impacto da pandemia COVID-19, a SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda. preparou um conjunto de respostas às questões que mais inquietam os empresários com negócios ou interesses em Moçambique.
Our corporate lawyers in Mozambique support national and foreign investors, emerging start-up companies and financial institutions in their development and investment activities.
The corporate services cover a large spectrum of legal matters including: incorporation of companies, foundations, associations, registration of foreign commercial representations, operating licenses, drafting of various type of contracts, dissolution of companies, land, intellectual property (IP), competition, real estate and civil aviation.
Our clients benefit from a valuable combination of global insight and local knowledge that allows us to handle all aspects of complex domestic and cross-border corporate transactions. Understanding the industry and the day-to-day issues faced by our clients is critical to our success.
Experience has included advising:
- A multinational conglomerate with Mozambican assets relating to the global restructuring and sale of the transportation business.
- An international UK-listed mining company, with a full scope due diligence exercise on a Mozambican target for purposes of acquisition of quotas.
- A large international distributor of petroleum products with a full scope due diligence exercise on a Mozambican target for purposes of acquisition.
- An international engineering and construction company, on licensing advice and some corporate advice in respect to the engineering, procurement and construction of an onshore liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant.
- A South African health plan company, with the transfer of quotas in a Mozambican health plan company.
- An international non-governmental organization (NGO) working in the area of healthcare, with the sale of the entirety of its shares in a Mozambican company.
- A gas pipeline construction company, with the incorporation of a special purpose vehicle (SPV) to undertake the construction of a gas pipeline from the Mozambique northern province of Cabo Delgado connecting it to the southern African province of Gauteng.
- An international oil and gas company, with establishing a subsidiary in Mozambique and advising on the corporate aspects of its participation in a concession block
- An international engineering and construction company, with group restructuring involving three Mozambican group companies.
In this number you can read "Impossibility of locating debtors and personal guarantees as an obstacle on credit recovery process", "Undue enforcement of administrative acts: A look at the incident of declaration of ineffectiveness in processes of suspension of ineffectiveness of administrative acts" and "Admissibility of arbitration in administrative contracts".
We hereby inform the business community and other interested parties that the date for the approval of company's accounts and corporate deliberation on application of year results approaches.