Number one in M&A in Africa: our world-class approach combines global resources with on-the-ground teams to execute domestic and cross-border deals in the most efficient ways, providing cost-effective business solutions at every stage of a transaction.
We are proven, in Africa and globally. From January 2005 to date, we have acted on more M&A deals than any other law firm in the world (Mergermarket) and were named #1 in Africa for M&A (deal volume) in the Mergermarket 2018 league tables.
Our presence in Africa is unrivalled, bringing a wealth of M&A experience. We combine the skills and experience of lawyers on the ground with the international outlook and successful track record of teams in London, New York, Paris and other major financial hubs.
Our goal is to progress transactions in the most cost-effective and pragmatic ways, bringing even the most complex deals to a successful conclusion for all parties involved.
For each deal, we assemble the right team, driving focused and timely delivery for all aspects of complex domestic or cross-border corporate transactions. Lawyers on the ground can help to flag potential pitfalls, advising on legal and cultural differences and offering tailored advice.
Key capabilities include:
- public and private M&A, divisional or asset sales, distressed company deals through bankruptcy or other structures, cross-border, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- guiding clients at every stage: from demanding due diligence exercises through negotiation and preparing deal documents to restructuring, post-transaction transition and post-merger integration
- addressing an array of important issues, such as anti-bribery and corruption, business regulation and expropriation through fiscal policy and regulations, foreign ownership restrictions, government approvals, land claims, social and environmental impacts, and taxation including double taxation treaties.
- lawyers aligned to sectors, with understanding of the internal and external pressures a company faces throughout a transaction and the industry-specific issues critical to a successful deal
- auxiliary advice on employment, pensions, tax, competition law and corporate governance
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.
- #1 in African M&A by deal volume (Mergermarket 2018)