Our private equity practice is proven in Africa and globally, with DealMakers recognizing our work with the South Africa Private Equity Deal of the Year 2018 award and Mergermarket 2018 placing us #1 globally in overall deal volume for the ninth consecutive year.
Our private equity lawyers offer a wealth of experience, serving clients including domestic and international private equity institutions, development finance institutions, management teams, trade buyers, debt providers, corporates and emerging businesses. We can support portfolio companies through all stages of the private equity lifecycle.
Our local presence places this knowledge at your disposal. We combine the insights of lawyers on the ground in Africa with the international capabilities of teams in London, New York, Paris and other financial hubs. We see the importance of industry-specific knowledge: aligned to key sectors, our lawyers understand the issues relevant to a successful outcome.
With private equity becoming ever more global, we have the market knowledge and exposure to help you achieve your goals throughout the investment lifecycle.
Key capabilities include:
- fundraisings and investments
- management buyins / buyouts
- secondary buyouts
- take privates
- management equity arrangements and incentives
- pre-IPO investments
- portfolio transactions
- public to private transactions
- exits, including trade sales and listings and refinancings
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.
- East Africa Private Equity Deal of the Year (Dealmakers 2018)
- South Africa Private Equity Deal of the Year 2018 (Dealmakers 2018)