Our lawyers are at the cutting edge of renewable energy in Africa, with companies and financiers benefiting from practical experience in delivering every stage of a project, no matter how complex.
We advise African and multinational developers, sponsors, corporations, investors, utilities, governments, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders. Our people also work across the full spectrum of transactions and renewables: from solar PV power and solar technology projects and onshore and offshore wind to hydro power, tidal, energy-from-waste, biomass, biofuels, geothermal and combined heat and power.
Local insights, global outlook: our teams in 20 African countries understand the specific political, financial, regulatory and economic issues. Our teams are familiar with all aspects of the industry including the legal and commercial issues arising from the generation, distribution, supply and trading of renewables and derivative products.
You also have access to the global resources of our Africa team, with more than 200 lawyers in key centers including Johannesburg, Casablanca, London, New York, Paris, Dubai, Perth, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Key capabilities include:
- project inception
- advising on planning, permitting and consents including environmental
- property including securing rights and options
- project financing including multi-source, debt and equity investments
- joint ventures
- commercial/construction documentation including EPC
- turbine and BOP contracts
- power Purchase Agreements (PPA)
- O&M arrangements
- grid connection
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- sales – both operational and development sites
- energy dispute resolution
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.