Our lawyers provide multidisciplinary advice in the region and across the world to leading banks, trading houses and corporations in both transactional and contentious matters.
Our global structured trade and commodity experience combines a comprehensive knowledge of the law in this and related areas with a pragmatic approach to the commercial realities of structured trade finance.
Local insights, global outlook: our teams in 20 African countries understand the specific political, financial, regulatory and economic issues. You also have access to the global resources of an Africa team with more than 200 lawyers in key financial centers including Johannesburg, Casablanca, London, New York, Paris, Dubai, Perth, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Our teams are adept at structuring transactions to mitigate risk in challenging markets, whatever the commodities or technologies involved. We are also experienced in providing tailored financing solutions and leading-edge security packages designed to meet a client’s specific commercial demands.
Key capabilities include:
- pre-and post-export financing
- warehouse/inventory finance
- borrowing base and reserve based lending structures
- ownership structures including repos and deferred payments
- export credit arrangements
- prepayment and limited recourse financing
- silent payment guarantees and independent payment undertakings
- the transfer of receivables and forfeiting
- letters of credit and bills of exchange
- oil, gas, metals and soft commodities
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.