Our investigatory and compliance lawyers in Africa are part of our worldwide network of dedicated investigative professionals and dispute lawyers. We provide guidance on all criminal, regulatory and crisis scenarios.
With a multi-disciplinary and cross-border capability that includes white collar crime and regulatory defense lawyers, dedicated investigative lawyers and former regulators, government attorneys and prosecutors, we can handle every shade of corporate, regulatory and internal investigation.
We are one of the few international law firms to combine an on-the-ground presence with a dedicated global investigations team for critical issues including bribery and corruption, fraud, money laundering, market abuse, tax evasion, product liability, labor law issues, sanctions breaches and anti-competitive behavior. We regularly manage complex cross-border investigations and asset recovery exercises.
Local insight, global reach: with lawyers in 20 African countries, our teams understand the political, legal, cultural and regulatory issues in the region. Our global Africa team itself comprises more than 200 lawyers in Johannesburg, Casablanca, London, New York, Paris, Dubai, Perth, Hong Kong and Beijing.
As one of the world’s largest law firms, we can respond to challenges of any size, tailoring our approach to specific client needs to deliver a fully coordinated approach across multiple jurisdictions.
This includes working closely with compliance teams to help multinational companies to conduct innovative proactive compliance reviews, develop effective compliance programs, train employees, create monitoring and auditing procedures, and devise strategies for remedial action. We can also help you to prepare for and respond to cyberattacks.
Key capabilities include:
- subject matter, sector based and country focused investigations
- internal investigations, regulatory investigations, criminal investigations
- risk reviews, regulatory risk gap analysis and proactive compliance strategy audits
- insight into the latest regulatory developments, investigation hot spots and enforcement trends
- compliance strategies to keep exposure to a minimum
- response to contentious and non-contentious regulatory and contractual issues
- crisis management
- mitigating business interruption, economic loss and reputational damage
- training global teams to respond effectively to regulatory intervention, including raid training
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.