Our lawyers assist clients on risk, compliance and business management issues at every stage of the product manufacturing life cycle.
We help clients across the African continent to defend claims of every size and scope. We also help clients stay ahead of the game, advising them on compliance and risk in connection with changing product safety legislation, and work closely with legislators and regulators. We also advise on environmentally friendly supply chain management.
Local insight, global reach: with lawyers in 20 African countries, our teams understand the political, legal, cultural and regulatory issues in the region. Our global Africa team itself comprises more than 200 lawyers in Johannesburg, Casablanca, London, New York, Paris, Dubai, Perth, Hong Kong and Beijing.
As one of the world’s largest law firms, we can deliver a fully integrated approach across multiple jurisdictions, collaborating with colleagues around the world to ensure each client receives sound advice based on our multidisciplinary skills and experience.
We can handle crises that involve product recalls, governmental investigations, insurance coverage and environmental concerns, and we are mindful of the need to protect and maintain reputations.
Key capabilities include:
- litigation: product liability litigation attorneys advising on product defects, injuries sustained and damages suffered, managing the dispute resolution process from beginning to end
- class actions by multiple claimants and mass torts: anticipating emerging threats, developing streamlined strategies, defeating class certification and/or plaintiff's claims at an early stage, safeguarding long-term business interests
- insurance coverage: advising on availability and scope of cover (product recall, business interruption, legal costs), the form of necessary notifications and relevant exclusions, liaising with insurers/ brokers
- product safety: regulations and compliance, advising on supranational and national/state legislation, including materials restriction regulation, packaging, waste and product life cycle management legislation, and national requirements on labeling and containers
- product recall and crisis management: with a potential recall situation, our Crisis Management team can act quickly and assess if a recall is necessary and continually review that decision, making any necessary notifications to regulators within strict timescales
- Rapid Response global crisis management hotline service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for regulatory legal advice and crises assistance
- dealing with multiple public market surveillance authorities in different jurisdictions at the same time
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.