Kizzita Mensah has worked extensively in providing legal advice within the particular context of corporate organization, project finance, policy formulation as well as organizational development.
As a partner at Reindorf Chambers, she has led the firm’s advice and legal support to clients in a number of significant corporate transactions, including loan and equity investments. Key among the services provided have been business set up, conducting due diligence exercises and preparing reports covering a broad scope of industries including insurance, telecommunications, banking and mining; reviewing, drafting, negotiating and settling loan and security agreements, share subscription and share sale and purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, board and shareholder resolutions and advice in respect of applicable regulatory consents and approvals.
She has also advised a number of investors in relation to foreign exchange issues arising from notices published by the regulator.
Experience has included advising:
- The Government of Ghana through the Public Investment Division of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (PID-MOFEP) in respect of capacity building services for the development of a sectorial Public Private Partnership toolkit for the roads sector and the establishment of a “PPP legal hotline” within the Ministry of Finance
- A mining company in the United Kingdom in relation to its acquisition of two mineral rights owned by two Ghanaian companies as part of the process for admission of the mining company’s issued share capital to trading on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange
- A Southern African bank in relation to the proposed acquisition of shares in a UK listed real estate company which has assets in Ghana
- A major aircraft manufacturer regarding the legal regime for making unsolicited proposals to entities covered by Ghana’s Public Procurement Act
- Syndicate of lenders including a foreign development bank and co-operative society in relation to the USD54 million financing of a Ghanaian bank
- Lenders including a foreign bank in relation to the USD27 million refinancing of financial arrangements of a major foreign owned telecommunications operator
- An aquaculture company in relation to conducting a vendor due diligence into the company
- A foreign investor in relation to conducting due diligence into a medical facility specializing in oncology care in respect of a proposed investment
- The external company of a global logistics company in relation to the terms of its commercial leases with its tenants
- A major foreign owned telecommunications operator on its acquisition of mobile mast assets of another major telecommunications operator in Ghana involving over 400 lease agreements and over 300 deeds of assignment
- Enrolled on the Roll of Lawyers to practise as Solicitor and called to the Ghana Bar (1997)
- Admitted to the Bar of England and Wales (1996)
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LL.M. (2003)
- University of Kent at Canterbury, LL.B. (1995)
- Ghana Bar Association
- Bar of England and Wales