How private equity in Namibia has helped curb the outflow of capital, provided alternative financing options, and provided access to capital for domestic investment opportunities.
Our corporate lawyers in Ghana support leading companies, emerging startups and financial institutions in their development and investment activities including advising on the applicable legal regime and permits, authorizations and consents they would require to successfully engage in those activities.
From mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and venture capital to private equity and debt offerings, we assist clients through all stages of their transactions to ensure successful deal outcomes.
We regularly undertake comprehensive due diligence in support of major investments and provide inputs in respect of regulatory and other disclosure for listings.
Our clients benefit from a valuable combination of global insight and local knowledge that allows us to handle all aspects of domestic and cross-border corporate transactions. Understanding the industry and the day-to-day issues faced by our clients is critical to our success.
Experience has included advising:
- A foreign investor in relation to conducting due diligence into a medical facility specialising in oncology care in respect of a proposed investment.
- A German company in relation to drafting a joint venture agreement.
- A foreign investor in relation to conducting a due diligence into a Ghanaian incorporated independent power producer.
- Clients from the Middle East entering into joint ventures with Ghanaian partners to embark on a manufacturing business in Ghana.
- A Luxembourg bank in relation to its USD8 million investment by way of debt and equity in a venture capital financing company in Ghana.
- A French private equity firm in relation to its investment in a venture capital financing company in Ghana.
- A bulk petroleum products distribution company owned by the government of Ghana in relation to its investments by way of a joint venture with South African partners to develop, construct and operate a petroleum import, export and storage terminal and associated infrastructure located in the port of Takoradi.
- An aquaculture company in relation to conducting a vendor due diligence into the company.
- A foreign investor in relation to conducting due diligence into a Ghanaian incorporated real estate company.
- Africa Finance Corporation in respect of its proposed financing by way of inter alia, convertible notes, of an international entity with subsidiaries in six different African countries, including Ghana.
How private equity creates values in Africa; risks and challenges for firms and investors; and promises and opportunities.
South Africa's Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA), expected to be fully in force in the near future, contains similar provisions to GDPR.
Private equity is now a credible alternative to bank financing in Morocco, but some obstacles to effective growth remain, including the rigid tax system and restrictions that prevent flexible management packages.