Our lawyers in Ghana offer the full range of legal support to local and foreign companies the insurance sector, including transactional, regulatory, commercial dispute resolution and claims.
We focus on providing advice in the context of the insurance sector and represent established life and non-life (re)insurers, intermediaries, banks, and other insurance industry participants.
Experience has included advising:
- A corporate trustee and pensions fund administrator in respect of the review of Tier 3 pension scheme rules and a participation agreement for participation by an employer in Tier 2 and Tier 3 Pension Schemes to be managed by the company.
- A corporate trustee in relation to its provision of corporate trusteeship and administration services for the management of Tier 2 and Tier 3 Pension Schemes in accordance with the National Pensions Law 2008.
- Hollard Insurance Company Ghana Limited (formerly Metropolitan Insurance Ghana Limited) as an employer in respect of a participation agreement relating to the management and administration of a Tier 3 Pension Scheme.
- A number of local insurance companies on regulatory compliance.
- Leading insurance companies in court actions relating to insurance claims instituted against them.
- An international insurance company in a civil aviation dispute involving its insured and in respect of which we are representing the insured in litigation in the High Court.
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.