Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
Our lawyers in Ghana offer a full range of real estate sector services including financing, acquisitions and disposals, tax efficiency, land use, environmental law, construction and leasing.
Our clients benefit from our significant experience in working on high value, long-term projects that involve complex structuring, facilitating negotiations, ensuring tax efficiency, navigating legal and regulatory issues and, when necessary, litigating on their behalf.
Experience has included advising:
- A five-star hotel in Accra in relation to the renovation, expansion and refurbishment of the hotel.
- Owners of a three-star international hotel in Takoradi in relation to the construction, management and marketing of the hotel.
- An international hotel chain with over 100 hotels worldwide on operating its franchise in Ghana.
- The external company of a global logistics company in relation to the terms of its commercial leases with its tenants.
- A foreign investor in respect of its financing of the construction and establishment of a medical facility specializing in oncology care.
- An external company of a UK company on building standards and codes in Ghana.
- A number of local companies and foreign investors in relation to issues relating to land rights, conducting due diligence to verify rights to land and assisting and procuring the registration of registrable interests in land.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
As the articles in this issue show, the world’s second largest continent may offer real opportunities to foreign investors in real estate.