Our finance and projects lawyers in Ghana advise on all aspects of financing, across borders, sectors and financial products.
We advise leading banks and financial institutions as well as corporates in all types of lending and financial transactions as well as energy, infrastructure and other projects.
We assist clients in both domestic and cross-border financing transactions and projects in a range of areas, including mining, energy, telecommunications and real estate, providing customised legal support from structuring, negotiation, drafting of relevant transaction documents, to assisting with closing matters.
Experience has included advising:
- A syndicate of lenders including an international financial institution and mandated lead arranger in relation to the USD185 million financing and restructuring of financial arrangements of a major power generation company in Ghana.
- A syndicate of lenders including foreign banks in relation to financing of a Ghanaian incorporated borrower’s interest in the development of certain oil and gas fields in Ghana.
- A South African bank in respect of the USD5 million and USD17,5 million financing of projects for the construction of a storm drain in the Northern Region of Ghana and the rehabilitation and reconstruction of 56 km of selected roads located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
- A syndicate of lenders in relation to the USD750 million financing of the development of the Jubilee oil fields.
- A syndicate of lenders to the project company, a public private partnership, involving the construction of a moorings system (including a pipeline) for the offloading and discharge of crude oil and petroleum products offshore Tema.
- A syndicate of lenders including a foreign development bank and cooperative society in relation to the USD54 million financing of a Ghanaian bank.
- Foreign financial institutions in relation to general jurisdictional opinions on the enforceability under Ghanaian law of the 1992/2002 ISDA Master Agreement, the 1994 ISDA Credit Support Annex as governed by New York law and the 1995 ISDA Credit Support Annex governed by English law and certain transactions entered into thereunder.
- A foreign financial institution in relation to a total return transaction with a Ghanaian bank involving government bonds under the 2002 ISDA Master Agreement and 1995 Credit Support Annex.
- A Ghanaian subsidiary of a South African bank in relation to a USD20 million financing for the acquisition of 85% shareholding in a major mall in Ghana.
- A lender in relation to the lending of an aggregate amount of USD300,000 to a US (Delaware) limited liability company and a Ghanaian company.