Our restructuring lawyers advise clients on enforcement, litigation and asset recovery in Ghana and on a multijurisdictional basis. Our experience extends to any contentious issues arising from restructurings and insolvencies.
We serve a diverse client base that includes debtors, lenders, shareholders, as well as distressed debt and asset buyers and investors.
Experience has included advising:
- An international bank on its acquisition through a local bank of another bank in Ghana and the steps for the subsequent merger of the two local banks.
- A Norwegian bank in relation to the bank’s merger into its Swedish parent company by way of a cross-border merger and the continuing effectiveness of loan and security documentation entered into with a Ghanaian borrower post the Merger.
- A Swedish bank in relation to the bank’s merger into its newly established Finnish subsidiary by way of a cross-border merger and the continuing effectiveness of loan and security documentation entered into with a Ghanaian borrower post the Merger.
- A foreign bank in relation to the takeover of a local bank and the range of issues relating thereto.
- An international financial institution and other institutional lenders in the restructuring of a mining company by way of joint venture and sale of shares.
- A multinational petroleum company in relation to the acquisition of shares in a Ghana petroleum company and the reorganization of the Ghana petroleum company and its subsidiaries as well as transfer of assets between the subsidiaries.
- A foreign lender in relation the official winding up of a Ghanaian borrower following the borrower’s insolvency.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition