Alexa Fleischer has been involved in Reindorf Chambers’ corporate/commercial and mining practice. She has advised clients on share sale and purchase transactions, recapitalisation of companies, loan agreements and the creation and enforcement of securities. She has also conducted due diligence on behalf of foreign companies seeking to invest in Ghanaian entities. Alexa has also conducted environmental due diligence in relation to the operations of a mining company, drafted mining legislation and model mining agreements.
She has experience in capital market borrowings and has participated in projects on behalf of a multilateral development bank involving the issue of notes subscribed to by a number of international banks.
Alexa has dispute resolution experience and has represented clients before the superior courts of Ghana, and participated in international commercial arbitration on behalf of the Government of Ghana before the Permanent Court of Arbitration. She also represented a multilateral development finance institution in proceedings before its administrative tribunal brought by its employees.
Clients she has acted for include mining companies, power producing and supply companies, banks and manufacturing companies.
Experience has included advising:
- A local bank in the sale of 75% of its issued shares to a foreign bank, the subscription of new shares and loan agreement.
- A global gold producer in respect of its regulatory and environmental compliance.
- An international iron ore exploration and development company in relation to a proposed assignment of a mining lease and sale of assets of a mining company.
- An international development agency in drafting legislation and model mining agreements for the mining sector of an African country.
- A professional services firm in the construction of an agreement to act as the official administrator of a financial institution.
- An international logistics provider in relation to its trademark licensing agreement and business arrangements in Ghana.
- An international finance agency in the review of the credit enforcement process in the Ghana Borrowers and Lenders Act, 2008 (Act 773).
- A national power generation company in relation to its joint venture with an international power company for the expansion of its power plant on a Build, Operate and Own scheme.
- Lenders in relation to a credit facility to a mining company, including advising on the enforceability of the security provisions and drafting the amended loan agreement.
- A multinational company in its listing on the New York Stock Exchange in relation to its Ghanaian mining subsidiary.
- The lenders to a mining company in its restructuring, in relation to breaches of the loan agreement. This included advising on the amendment to the loan agreement, harmonising obligations under the loan agreement and drafting transaction documents including deeds of novation and contracts of guarantee and indemnity.
- Called to the Ghana Bar (1995); Enrolled on the Roll of Lawyers to practise as a Solicitor.
- Harvard Law School, LL.M. (2003)
- Ghana School of Law, Professional Qualifying Certificate (1995)
- University of Ghana, LL.B (1993)
- Member, Ghana Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales