Diana has over 14 years post qualification experience. Her areas of practice include insolvency-related disputes, defamation, commercial and tax litigation, arbitration, employment and labour related disputes and disputes arising from real estate development projects.
Diana represents top media houses, leading banks, Non- Governmental Organizations, and leading retailers in the Kenyan market in various disputes before the Courts and Administrative Tribunals. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked at the Commission on Administrative Justice as a Senior Legal Officer and Head of Station and the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission as a Legal Officer.
Experience has included advising:
- Nation Media Group Plc., a top media house, in defamation proceedings, employment and labor-related disputes and disputes arising from real estate development projects
- Nakumatt Holdings Limited, one of the leading retailers in the Kenyan market, in highly-publicized insolvency proceedings facing the company with more than 100 creditors seeking to liquidate the company
- As a team member prosecuting the first-ever application for an administration order to be filed in Kenya under the insolvency act on behalf of Nakumatt Holdings Limited
- World Vision International in a novel application filed before the high court seeking to have two separate and parallel arbitral proceedings consolidated and heard together, and a single award published
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2006)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Master of Law LL.M. (Taxation)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2016)
- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws LL.B.
- 2022 to date, Partner, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2020 to 2021, Legal Director, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2016 to 2020, Senior Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2015 to 2016, Senior Legal Officer & Head of Station, government-based agency
- 2012 to 2015, Legal Officer, government-based agency
- 2008 to 2012, Associate, Nairobi-based law firm
- Law Society of Kenya
- International Bar Association