Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
Our lawyers work with many leading local and international companies technology companies offering advice throughout a broad range of areas. These include data protection, cybersecurity, fintech, telecommunications, IP , litigation, regulatory, compliance, employment and contracting issues.
From startups to fast-growing and mid-market businesses to mature global enterprises, our clients are companies that develop or create technology, are enabled by technology, or whose business model is fundamentally based on technology.
Experience has included advising on:
- The legal considerations for setting up data centers, cloud computing, web hosting services and software as a service to its clients
- The requirements for installation of fibre connections and the applicable fines for non-compliance with the statutory requirements
- Kenya Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning in the context of business operations and the regulatory and compliance issues that arise in different sectors/industries
- Setting up mobile virtual network operators (MVNO)
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
Access to financial services is a widely acknowledged tool for promoting credit creation and enhancing capital accumulation, and thereby increasing the levels of investment and economic activity. Fintech offers a transformational solution for Africa’s banking sector.
Mauritius, the tropical island of 2,040 square kilometers with a population of 1.3 million, has for over a quarter of a century been the preferred route for foreign direct investment (FDI) flows to India.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act 2013 (POPIA) regulate the protection of data subjects’ personal information.