DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
IKM is familiar with both the key opportunities and challenges that face manufacturers operating in the marketplace. Our broad local, regional and international perspective leaves us well-placed to manage the diverse legal issues that industrials face.
The firm advises manufacturers on various legal issues that arise during operations, including: company set-up, structuring, compliance, patent registration, labor law matters, health and safety, environmental, mergers and acquisitions, disputes.
Through our many years of experience in the sector, we have worked with clients spanning a cross-section of industries:
- Building materials
- Electrical supplies
- Motor vehicle
Experience has included advising:
- Novastar Ventures East Africa Fund in relation to acquisition of an equity interest in an agricultural supply chain platform aimed at connecting smallholder farmers with high-quality agricultural inputs in Kenya
- Cummins in a joint venture transaction with Car & General (Kenya) Limited
- Auto-Sueco Kenya Limited, a member of NORS Group, in the sale of its business assets to Necst Motors
- LafargeHolcim in conducting legal due diligence on a Kenyan target listed on the NSE in relation to a proposed acquisition
- CMC Holdings Limited in its acquisition by Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company (based in Dubai) through the capital markets takeover legal framework
- Conducted a tax authority audit of a company in the automotive/heavy equipment industry
- A leading cement manufacturer in a claim for USD18 million as indemnity and compensation for the insured loss which the client sustained as a result of the collapse of a silo at its plant
- Numerous tobacco producers on intellectual property and trademark matters
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.