Adams Baya advises on the full spectrum of capital markets, corporate mergers & acquisitions, private equity and competition law workstreams which include among others, transaction structuring, conducting due diligence, advising on share and asset acquisitions, and licensing & regulatory compliance.
Adams advises financial institutions, private equity funds, development finance institutions, publicly listed entities, and privately owned companies which operate on a domestic, regional or international level.
He has also acted as part of teams that advise on corporate bond issuances, issuance of medium-term notes, rights issues, corporate reorganizations of tier one banks, and a series of equity investments and divestitures.
Adams is also a team member within the competition practice and has advised clients during investigations by the Competition Authority of Kenya and the COMESA Competition Commission.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member within a consortium, a Malawi based development finance institution on capital raising
- As a team member, an international financial institution in its investment in a corporate bond in Kenya
- As a team member, an international school in its business and asset sale to a privately-owned educational management company.
- As a team member, a privately owned hospital in its acquisition by a private equity fund based in Mauritius
- As a team member, the internal reorganization of two tier-one investment banks
- As a team member, a London Stock Exchange-listed company in its investigation by the COMESA Competition Commission
- As a team member, a Kenyan bank in its acquisition by an Egypt-based publicly listed bank
- As a team member, the establishment and licensing of an asset management company
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2022)
- University of Nairobi, School of Law, LL.M (Ongoing)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (Best Overall in the Bar Examination, 2020/2021)
- University of Nairobi, School of Law, LL.B (First Class Honours, 2019)
- 2022 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- May 2021 to April 2022, Trainee Lawyer, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- January 2020 to March 2020, Forensics Intern, Nairobi based law firm
- July 2019 to December 2019, Legal Assistant, Nairobi based law firm
- January 2017 to June 2017, Intern, Malindi based law firm
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya