Bonface Abuya acts for both local and international clients in the real estate and finance sectors.
Bonface advises clients in the banking sector on various issues including the preparation and perfection of securities over various classes of assets such as movable and immovable assets and on security documentation including loan agreements, reviewing and advising on offer letters, drafting charges, mortgages, guarantees and debentures.
He also acts for clients in the real estate sector including, the negotiating and preparation of sale agreements for various types of properties and the documentation needed for the acquisition of property rights at land registries across Kenya.
Experience has included advising:
- Counsel in the setting up of a 100 MW wind energy project
- Counsel in the drawing up of project agreements for a gated-community real estate project
- Counsel in the perfection of securities for 10 banking institutions
- Counsel in the structuring and preparation of project agreements for various property sales and purchases
- Diverse clients in negotiating and drafting various land-related agreements including, leases, sale agreements and license agreements
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2017)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law, (2016)
- Moi University, Bachelor of Laws LL.B. (2014)
- 2017 to date, Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2016 to 2017, Pupil, Nairobi-based law firm
- 2015 to 2016, Legal assistant, Nairobi-based law firm
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya