Esabel Gicheru advises on real estate and banking transactions. As a team member, she advises a diverse range of clients including, property developers, owners of commercial buildings, individual and corporate persons in all types of real estate transactions and on general legal issues. This entails negotiating, preparing and approving terms of sale agreements and leases, preparing and registering transfers, leases and security documents at the land office. It also entails research and preparation of legal opinions on various real estate matters.
Esabel acts for various leading local banks in the preparation of security documents, and advises banks on various legal matters. As part of a team, she conducts due diligence exercises on real estate and financing arrangements and advises clients in proposed merger and acquisition transactions.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a leading local bank, in its proposed acquisition of another bank through conducting due diligence exercises on real estate and bank securities
- As a team member, a US development finance agency, in connection with facilities to be granted to a Kenyan real estate development company for financing 10 mixed-use development projects
- As a team member, a US-based social impact lender, on various aspects touching on offshore lending in Kenya
- A global wireless infrastructure company, on the terms of the leases of various premises for purposes of installing communication equipment
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2018)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2017)
- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws LL.B. (2015)
- 2018 to date, Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2017 to 2018, Pupil, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2015 to 2016, Legal intern, Nairobi-based law firm
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya