The Landlord and Tenant Bill 2021 (Bill) was introduced by the Majority Leader in the National Assembly, Hon. Amos Kimunya earlier in 2021 and has since been passed by the National Assembly and is currently being considered by the Senate. The Bill seeks to promote stability in the rental sector by consolidating laws governing the relationship between landlords and tenants and repealing existing laws including the Distress for Rent Act (DRA), the Rent Restriction Act (RRA) and the Landlord and Tenant (Shops, Hotels and Catering Establishments) Act (LTA).
Felix Simba is an associate in the Real Estate and Finance practice group at IKM. He advises on the full spectrum of real estate and finance including the sale and purchase of real property, financing and securities. Felix’s clients range from banks, corporates to individuals.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, in pre-merger due diligence
- As a team member on assignment of securities between lenders
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2021)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2020)
- University of Nairobi (2018)
- 2021 May to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya