Kennedy Wambua advises on the full spectrum of tax issues that taxpayers (individual and incorporated bodies) grapple with on as regular basis in Kenya. The services rendered with regards to the tax practice range from advice on the tax treatment of income in Kenya, tax litigation, and the tax implication of different transactions. Kennedy has rendered tax related services to clients with regards to the different tax heads including Value Added Tax (VAT), income tax, capital gains tax (CGT), excise duty among other applicable taxes.
Kennedy's clients range from banks, telecommunication companies, companies listed in the Nairobi Stock Exchange, international Non-Governmental Organizations, logistics companies as well as private companies.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a listed company on the tax treatment of capital injection into the company by a shareholder.
- As a team member, a bank licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya on the power of the Kenya Revenue Authority to demand the production of documents relating to third parties.
- As a team member, a listed company on the process of application for an exemption of a transaction from the requirement to pay and or declare capital gains tax.
- A resident individual on the tax treatment of consulting income derived from a foreign company in Kenya.
- As a team member, an international firm on Value Added Tax (VAT) charged on exported services.
- As a team member, a telecommunications company on the tax alternative dispute resolution process.
- As a team member, advising a logistics company on the Mutual Agreement Procedure as envisioned in the Kenya-France Double Tax Agreement.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2023)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators- Associate Member (2022)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2021-2022)
- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws (2016-2020)
- Strathmore University, Certified Public Accountant
- April 2023 to date, Associate, DLA Piper Africa, Kenya (IKM Advocates)
- 2022 to April 2023, Pupil, DLA Piper Africa, Kenya (IKM Advocates)
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya