Leonard Githua assists in prosecuting and defending companies and individuals on a range of claims including, construction contracts, industrial accidents, road traffic accidents, material damage, debt recovery and employment and labor-related claims.
Leonard has worked on a range of cases concerning contracts, negligence, breach of trust, breach of confidence and defamation.
Prior to joining IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya, Leonard was a volunteer at the Student's Association Legal Aid and Research (SALAR).
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a general contractor in a claim involving construction contracts and construction defects
- As a team member, prosecuting recovery claims for several banking and financial institutions, private entities and individuals
- As a team member, prosecuting and defending disputes arising from employment and labor-related claims
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2019)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2018)
- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws LL.B. (2016)
- 2019 to date, Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2018 to 2019, Pupil, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya