The Sectional Properties Act 2020 ("Act") was enacted in 2020 to align with the provisions of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and the land laws enacted in 2012. Subsequently, the Cabinet Secretary for the Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning gazetted the Sectional Properties Regulations ("Regulations") on 16 November 2021. Please read the frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the Act and the Regulations below.
Lucy is an Associate in the Tax Practice Group. She has been involved in a number of local and international tax transactions and has gained exposure in various tax matters including drafting legal opinions and tax advisory, drafting and preparation of appeal documents, tax and statutory registrations and engaging Kenya Revenue Authority officials.
Lucy has also carried out tax health checks and due diligence reports for clients. She has worked with several clients ranging from international NGOs to local individual clients.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2022)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2020-21)
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa (2015-19)
- May 2022 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa in Kenya
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya