Naomi Chesiro is part of the Corporate Practice Group which mainly advises on Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Restructuring and Re-organisation, Private Equity, Capital Markets, General Company Law, and Competition. She has advised financial institutions, private equity and venture capital funds, publicly listed companies, private companies, and investment banks, operating domestically, regionally, and internationally.
She has acted as part of teams that advise on corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, rights issues, corporate reorganizations, private equity investment and divestments and sale, purchase and issuance of shares in regional and international companies.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a public listed company in a rights issue
- As a team member, private investors in acquisition of shares in a Financial Institution
- As a member of a team, a bank in issuing preference shares
- As a member of a team, a private company in company reorganization in Rwanda
- As a member of a team, minority shareholders in the sale of their shares in a bank
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2023)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2021 to 2022)
- University of Nairobi- School of Law (2015 to 2020)
Prior Experience (Optional)
- April 2023 to date, Associate, DLA Piper Africa, Kenya (IKM Advocates)
- May 2022 to March 2023, Pupil, DLA Piper Africa, Kenya (IKM Advocates)
Member of the Law Society of Kenya