Ngina Mbwele as part of the Corporate Practice Group advises on matters including Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Capital Markets and Competition Law. The Practice Group’s clients range from private equity and venture capital funds, leading regional commercial banks, listed entities, investment funds and financial institutions.
She also advises on corporate matters including regulatory compliance cutting across different sectors, transaction agreements, corporate governance as well as carrying out due diligence investigations.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a trustee in the reopening and upsizing of a medium term note programme and transfer of partnership interests.
- As a team member, an insurance company on regulatory compliance with supervisory guidelines and prudential standards.
- As a team member, various clients on pre-acquisition due diligence on Kenyan targets.
- As a team member, a private company in a share purchase transaction.
- Kenya School of Law, Postgraduate Diploma in Law (2019)
- Strathmore University, Bachelor of Laws (2018)
- Cornell University, J.D. Exchange Programme (2018)
- January 2020 to April 2021, Trainee Lawyer, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- April to June 2017, Legal Intern, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya