Rogers Mugambi advises clients on various commercial matters including employment, intellectual property, information and communication technology, immigration and data protection.
Rogers has attended to various applications relating to intellectual property including registration and renewal of trademarks. He also advises on commercial and employment matters including preparation and review of employment contracts and advises employers on various matters such as redundancy, termination of employment contracts and mutual separation. Rogers has also advised clients on data protection and privacy and review of data sharing agreements.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a multinational company on the legal requirements for conducting a voluntary recall of their products from the market
- As a team member, a leading bank on the leading bank on the legal requirements on the use of advance electronic signatures on contractual documents.
- As a team member, a multinational company on the termination of an employment contract including the disciplinary enquiry process and appeal.
- As a team member, a multinational technology company on the legal requirements regarding issuance of Restricted Share Units (RSUs) to its employees.
- As a team member, a global technology company on local ownership requirement and foreign ownership review applicable to it as a provider of satellite and internet access services in Kenya.
- As a team member, a multinational company on the legal requirements of instituting health and safety representatives/committees in the workplace
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2023)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2021-2022)
- University of Nairobi (2015-2020)
- April 2023 to date, Associate, DLA Piper Africa, Kenya (IKM Advocates)
- May 2022 to March 2023z, Pupil, DLA Piper Africa, Kenya (IKM Advocates)
- November 2020 to July 2021 Legal Intern, Nairobi based law firm
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya