Rosemary Wahinya is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution practice group at IKM. She has gained exposure and experience in various litigation matters including drafting and preparation of court documents, issuing legal opinions and assisting in representing clients before various courts and tribunals.
She also advises and assists in representing clients in various areas of law including: Litigation relating to Employment disputes, Intellectual Property disputes, Insurance disputes, Real Estate disputes, Public Procurement, Defamation, Family Law, Tax related disputes, Mediation and Arbitration.
Rosemary works as part of a team that advises clients ranging from local and multinational insurance firms, media companies, local and multinational banks, real estate companies, government agencies and a varied range of local and multinational companies.
Experience has including advising:
- As a team member, advising a Multinational Insurance Company on liability in a claim for damages relating to a power generation plant
- As a team member, advising a tobacco manufacturing company on admissibility of new evidence at the High Court from an appeal from the Tax Appeals Tribunal
- As a team member, successfully defending a bank in a claim for unauthorized withdrawal of a customer’s funds
- As a team member, defending a leading University in Kenya in a claim for unfair termination
- As a team member, representing one of the biggest Media Companies in Kenya on liability for copyright and trademark infringement
- As a team member, successfully defending a Government Regulatory Body on validity of a tender process before the Public Procurement and Administrative Review Board
- Currently as a team member, adjudication of an arbitration dispute involving two affiliated companies due to deadlock in management
- As a team member, representing an ICT Company in a dispute involving the necessary licenses to put up a base transceiver station
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2020)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2018-2019)
- Kenyatta University School of law (2013-2017)
- 2020 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa in Kenya
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya