Saadia Abdi provides dispute resolution solutions to clients in a wide range of sectors and industries including financial, insurance, employment and succession matters.
She assists clients in mediation and out-of-court settlements. She also assists in advising and guiding clients in their internal decision-making processes such as when to institute a lawsuit and the economic viability of such a decision. She also guides clients during the court processes.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a construction company in an arbitration
- As a team member, a proprietor in an a court of appeal case for clarification and review of judgments of another bench of the court
- As a team member, a media firm in defending claims for defamation cases
- As a team member, financial institutions in recovery of debts
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2019)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2018)
- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws LL.B. (2016)
- 2019 to date, Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2018 to 2019, Pupil, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya