Tesrah Wamache advises on property law, banking and finance transactions. She is part of the team that advises on lending transactions including drafting of lending and security documentation, prepares commercial & residential leases and acts for both buyers and sellers in the sale and purchase of land. She also carries out due diligence on bank securities for various commercial banks and prepares legal opinions and general advise on various real estate and banking and finance matters.
Her clients include real estate developers, financial institutions, body corporates and individuals.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a tier 1 bank in undertaking a security audit on behalf of the bank that intended to purchase the islamic portfolio of another bank and advised on the properness of the securities and mitigation of risks that related to the securities.
- As a team member, a local bank in a premerger due diligence involving review of securities and real estate leases and licenses
- As a team member, an international lender on the suitable structure for its security documentation and in preparation and perfection of the principal security documents.
- As a team member, a real estate developer in a joint venture for the development of residential apartments and in the sale of the apartments.
- Both sellers and purchasers in sell and purchase of land transactions from inception of transactions, undertaking due diligence, drafting or reviewing and negotiations of transaction documents, completion, registration and post registration exercises.
- Individuals and body corporates in drafting or reviewing commercial and residential leases and undertaking registration where required.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2018)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2017)
- Kenyatta University, Bachelor of Laws LL.B.(2015)
- July 2021 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa in Kenya
- 2018 to June 2021, Associate, Oraro & Company Advocates
- 2017 to 2018, Pupil, Oraro & Company Advocates
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya