The purpose of this brief is to analyze COVID-19 impacts on the activities of businesses, and how they can lead to force majeure under Senegalese law.
Mouhamadou Balde acts in litigious matters before the Senegalese courts. He also provides advice on commercial transactions and tax matters. He has experience in reviewing mining contracts and advising on financial services products. Mouhamadou also assists with legal due diligence tasks and research.
In 2019, Mouhamadou received the top mark in the competitive Senegalese Bar Exam.
Experience has included advising:
- Almastone on its transfer of a debt as a guarantee in Côte d’Ivoire
- Gwar Sen on restructuring its affiliate companies in Senegal
- The International Finance Corporation on a pledge of shares as guarantee for a loan agreement with UMP International SA
- Airbus and Santander on the bridging finance for the sale of an A330 aeroplane to Air Senegal – the first in Africa
- International mining companies on their mining contracts in Senegal
- Avocat à la cour admitted to the Senegalese Bar (2019)
- University Cheikh Anta Diop, PhD Candidate (YEAR)
- Higher Institute of Management, MBA (2016)
- University Cheikh Anta Diop, LL.B. (2013)
- 2019 to date, Trainee Attorney / Advocate, GENI & KEBE Lawyers, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Senegal
- 2014 to 2018, Tax and Legal Adviser, Dakar-based firm.