We are pleased to announce the publication of Chambers Global Guide 2019. The guide provides expert legal commentary on key issues for businesses. The guide covers the important developments in the most significant jurisdictions.
Mohamed Dieng heads GENI & KEBE Lawyers' Litigation and Regulatory team. He represents clients in litigation matters before all courts in Senegal, with a focus on civil claims and employment law.
Mohamed also advises on transactional mining issues and infrastructure projects, including project financing. Mohamed's experience includes advising clients in a number of Francophone countries in sub-Saharan Africa, particularly with cross-border transactions.
Experience has included advising:
- Toro Gold on the Mako Project joint venture in Senegal
- Franco-Nevada in a USD135 million stream transaction in Senegal
- FMO/BIO financing for Senergy 2's energy project
- Dangote in its successful action to challenge a EUR1.4 million tax bill
- Airbus and a multinational Spanish bank on the bridging finance for the sale of an A330new airplane to Air Senegal – the first in Africa
- Citibank on FATCA regulations
- Avocat à la cour admitted to the Senegalese Bar (2010)
- University of Geneva, LL.M. (2007)
- University of Lausanne, LL.M. (2005)
- University of Gaston Berger, BA (2002)
- University of Gaston Berger, LL.B. (2000)
- Winner of Finance Monthly's Deal Maker of the Year Award 2014