Ankusha’s experience covers all aspects of civil, corporate and commercial law with particular focus on banking and finance, project finance transactions, private equity and investment funds.
She has acquired a wide range of experience in advisory works and financing transactions by acting for multinational banks as well as borrowers on instructions from international law firms. Ankusha’s experience includes advice on regulatory issues, drafting and negotiating loan and finance agreements, taking security in Mauritius, release of security, enforcement of security and giving structural and legal advice in relation to financing transactions.
She has gained experience in the structuring and establishment of funds, fund investments and fund financing. Ankusha is also experienced in legal due diligence and drafting of a wide range of commercial agreements.
Experience has included advising:
- Various companies (including protected cell companies) on incorporation, legal due diligence, structuring, drafting of constitutions and shareholders’ agreement.
- Various local clients on the drafting and review of commercial contracts including services agreements and share purchase agreements.
- United States International Development Finance Corporation in respect of a loan to a company specialised in health care in East Africa.
- Renewable Energy Performance Platform on various financing of renewable energy projects in Africa and taking security on the assets.
- As team member, a European DFI, in respect of an investment in a fund focused on renewal power in Sub-Saharan Africa (target size USD300 million).
- As a team member, an international bank based in Singapore regarding a USD170 million financing to Mauritius entities and taking security on the assets relating thereto.
- As a team member, Warburg Pincus on various financing involving its Mauritius entities.
- Barrister-at-law called to the Bar of Mauritius (2017)
- Barrister-at-law called to the Bar of England and Wales (2015)
- BPP University Law School, London, Bar Professional Training Course (2015)
- BPP University Law School, London, Graduate Diploma in Law (2014)
- University of Bordeaux, France, Master 1 Droit Privé Général (2012)
- University of Bordeaux, France, Licence Droit et Sciences Politiques (2011)
- Mauritius Bar Association
- Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
The COVID-19 (MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS) Act amends some 56 legislations which the COVID-19 pandemic context rendered necessary to mitigate its negative impact on the Mauritian economy and on the lives of Mauritians in general.