Ange Dorine Irakoze advises on the full spectrum of regional integration in the East African Community. She provides advice on analysis of the law regarding the free movement of persons, goods, services and capital in the EAC. She assists clients on investment requirements in Burundi.
Dorine intervenes in the drafting procedure for legislation and makes an analysis of the changes therein for the purpose of informing clients on new reforms.
She helps in the interpretation and enforcement of energy laws and policies.
Dorine’s clients range from governments, investors, private developers and project sponsors.
Experience has included advising:
- An International Finance Corporation, on the implementation of the Africa IC Power Project in Burundi.
- An International Bank, in reviewing and analyzing the Burundi’s commercial laws concerning trade in goods to determine their compliance with the "Freedom of Movement of Goods and services in EAC" chapter of the EAC Common Market Scorecard 2014.
- A regional funding organization, in the improvement of Burundi's Investment Climate and Higher Domestication of EAC Common Market Protocol.
- A regional funding organization, in conducting an assessment and a diagnostic study of the investment framework in Burundi.
- A public institution, in disseminating a workshop on decision registered under RTC 421 relating to the damages interest in case of unfair dismissal where employment court judges and assessors participated.
- The Ministry of Tourism, in drafting of the implementation texts of the Decree No.100/197of 5 July 2012 on the regulation of Tourism in Burundi
- An internal Bank that was supporting the Government, in drafting the new credit reporting and credit information sharing regulation / law.
- Advocate admitted with the Court of Appeal of Bujumbura (2013)
- National University of Rwanda, LL.B. (2012)
- Ranked as leading lawyer (The Legal 500 EMEA 2018)
- Burundi Bar Association
- East African Law Society
- Board Edition of the East African Law Society