Our lawyers dealing with restructuring have significant experience advising clients on the investigation, enforcement, litigation and asset recovery in Mozambique, and on a multijurisdictional basis. We advise clients on all matters relating to public and private companies in underperforming and distressed situations.
We manage assignments from the mid-market to the largest national restructurings and insolvencies and have experience with any contentious issues arising from them.
We serve a diverse client base that includes: debtors, lenders, government entities, trustees, shareholders, senior executives, as well as distressed debt and asset buyers and investors.
Experience has included advising:
- An agriculture and livestock sector company based in Nampula Province with an insolvency process.
- A major company in the mining sector based in Tete Province with an insolvency process.
- A national company from the metalworking sector based in Maputo on a judicial recovery process.
- Several national and international companies on enforcement processes filed against the debtors.
- Several companies on preventive injunctions in order to ensure the preservation of the debtors’ assets for the payment of the debt.
- Several clients with preliminary due diligence before the legal entities registry, real estate registry and vehicle registry office in order to obtain information regarding the existence of assets for a debtors enforcement.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition