DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
Our real estate lawyers in Mozambique offer a full range of services, including: acquisitions and disposals, construction law, financing, commercial real estate, land use, planning and development, leasing, environmental law, insurance and tax.
Real estate has emerged as an attractive long-term investment for investors seeking diversification and stable yields within an uncertain economy. These investors now have needs that transcend borders resulting in the emergence of a global real estate industry.
Our clients benefit from our significant experience in orchestrating complex, long-term projects that involve drafting documentation, facilitating negotiations, navigating legal and regulatory issues and, when necessary, litigating on their behalf.
Experience has included advising:
- A large international independent oil and gas company with the purchase of a real estate property.
- A foreign individual, partner at a large international infrastructure investment firm, with due diligence in respect to 23 land rights and licenses related to a large game reserve to be created in the South of Mozambique.
- An embassy in Mozambique, regarding the purchase of the embassy property, including active participation in the negotiations and all related matters, such as diplomatic and governmental approvals, and tax exemptions confirmations.
- A large international telecommunication service provider with a real estate property purchase.
- An international engineering and construction company, in licensing and some corporate issues in respect to the engineering, procurement and construction of an onshore liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant.
- A banking institution, regarding a due diligence process and contractual agreement for the purchase of four real estate properties in a sought after area
- A real estate company with a suit to fit long-term lease and all related negotiation in the structure and guarantees for its implementation.
- A construction company with the acquisition of various property and agreements to access the land.
- An international oil and gas company with advice on land access structures, land litigation processes, securities, registrations, and other related processes.
As the articles in this issue show, the world’s second largest continent may offer real opportunities to foreign investors in real estate.