Ermelinda Gisela Manhiça Sitoe provides legal advice mainly in respect of commercial and corporate law. She has a particular focus on drafting, negotiating, reviewing and executing of commercial contracts such as leases, purchase and sale of shares and real property, transport, agency and service provision, as well as mergers and acquisitions. She also has experience registering foreign investments and foreign exchange transactions with the Central Bank of Mozambique and in other administrative law matters.
Gisela also provides assistance with the incorporation of companies and registration of branches as well as company secretarial services.
Her clients include: mining, oil and gas concessionaires, international and national service providers and real estate development companies, as well as embassies.
Experience has included advising:
- An international mineral resources exploration company listed on a UK stock exchange with full scope due diligence exercise and the acquisition of quotas in a Mozambican mining and forestry company
- A large national hydropower company with a full scope due diligence exercise and in preparing its initial public offering
- Alarge international oil & gas concessionaire with the restructuring of land rights, in the form of assignments of use, to permit flexibility for the project and attractiveness to international lenders
- A large international oil and gas concessionaire with the analysis and preparation of a local security package for the international lenders
- A large international shipping company with the purchase and sale of a business in Mozambique, including both transactional and regulatory advice
- An international real estate development company with legal assistance for various partnerships to develop real estate projects, assistance in drafting various contracts, performance of due diligence, advice on strategic aspects of the transaction, support in negotiations with the authorities involved and legal assistance with the transfer of land rights
- An international courier services company with its licensing and regulatory obligations in Mozambique
- A large international engineering and construction company with advice on the regulatory framework, licensing and corporate and commercial matters, to enable the company to provide services to the oil & gas industry
- Assistance with the transfer of quotas in a health plan company, including assistance with the exportation of the proceeds of the transaction, bank guarantees and advice on the transaction; assistance with the intellectual properties rights protection, Central Bank authorization and tax advice
- On the purchase and sale of property to be used for the diplomatic mission of an embassy
- A large forestry limited liability quota company in its transformation into a limited liability share company
- Lawyer, admitted to the Mozambique Bar Association (2013)
- Official Industrial Property Agent (2013)
- Bachelor of Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa (2008 to 2010)
- First and Second year law, UNISA (2006 to 2007)
- Clapham High School, Pretoria, South Africa (2001 to 2005)
- Member of the Mozambique Bar Association
- Registered with the Industrial Property Institute of Mozambique as an Official Industrial Property Agent
- Member and Teacher at Ministério Evangelho em Acção (MEA)