Nigeria will undoubtedly adopt greener sources of energy in its mix. It is expected to be mainly in the form of solar. Nigeria could generate over 50% of required power by deploying solar PV panels on just 1% of Nigeria's land mass. However, there will also be further development of thermal power plants in view of the abundant gas reserves in-country.
Dayo is a Partner and Head of the Finance & Projects practice at Olajide Oyewole LLP. He leads the Finance and Projects practice with particular focus on energy and infrastructure. His background lies in corporate / project finance and mergers and acquisitions, with experience covering the energy, aviation and banking sectors.
Before joining the firm, Dayo worked in the front office of an investment bank, where he focused on corporate finance, project finance, and aviation finance. He also managed a portfolio of more than USD120 million of aviation assets.
Experience has included advising:
- Warner Music Group on its investment in one of Nigeria’s premier record labels, Chocolate City Group
- The borrower, Solar Garden Project Limited, on debt financing for USD125 million for the construction and development of a residential / commercial real estate
- The sponsor, Samsung Heavy Industries and its subsidiaries and affiliates, in the construction and execution of the Egina FPSO EPC contract (its USD3 billion FPSO EPC project in Nigeria)
- The sponsor on the USD300 million financing and development of a fabrication/integration yard and quay wall for the purpose of the Egina project
- Oando Plc on the SPA negotiation and implementation of a USD461 million Oando-Vitol/Helios downstream joint venture
- Oando Energy Resources Inc, in respect of the RBL financing for the USD1.79 billion acquisition of the Nigerian assets of ConocoPhillips
- A Nigerian oil company on a USD450 million RBL for upstream oil and gas acquisition
- A Nigerian oil company on a USD350 million corporate facility for acquisition of oil and gas assets
- A telecommunications operator, on the transaction for the acquisition of its 3G telecoms license by Etisalat
- Solicitor and Advocate admitted to the Nigerian Bar
- Solicitor England and Wales
- NYU Stern School of Business
- Hong Kong UST Business School
- Nigerian Law School, B.L.
- University of Ibadan, LL.B.
- Highly Regarded Lawyer in IFLR1000 (2019)
- Highly Regarded Lawyer in IFLR1000 (2018)
- 2011to present, Partner, Olajide Oyewole LLP, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Nigeria
- 2010 to 2011, Advisor, Nigerian-based advisory service
- 2007 to 2010, Investment Banking Execution Transactor, pan-African bank
- 2003 to 2007, Associate, Lagos-based law firm
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Law Society of England and Wales