The Realworld Law is an essential guide that shares our knowledge and expertise about how the laws relating to the real estate sector work in Nigeria.
Real estate has emerged as an attractive long-term investment for investors seeking diversification and stable yields in an uncertain economy. Our lawyers offer a full range of real estate sector services including acquisitions and disposals, financing, land use, environmental law, physical planning and development, construction, leasing and real estate tax.
Our understanding of the real estate sector in Nigeria, from the basics throughout the lifecycle of any transaction helps us to resolve challenges and offer practical and commercially viable solutions to support our clients’ businesses.
Our clients benefit from our vast experience gained over five decades in executing and managing complex real estate projects that involve due diligence, negotiations, transaction structuring, documentation, resolving legal issues, regulatory compliance and dispute resolution.
Experience has included advising:
- The purchaser in acquiring more than 40 hectares of land at Eko Atlantic City, Lagos to develop the Eko Energy City
- Solar Gardens Projects Limited, owner and developer of the Royal Gardens Estate, Lekki Lagos which comprises 145 hectares of prime residential estate
- The developer of the luxury Eko Pearl Towers Project at Eko Atlantic City, Lagos and acting as leasing solicitors in the sales/subleasing of multistory building apartments
- The developer of residential real estate of more than 80 hectares at different locations in the upscale Lekki area of Lagos State, valued at USD100 million
- Oando Plc in transactions over more than a decade to acquire interests in property for offices, lubrication plants and service stations
- Oando Plc in the Oando / Vitol / Helios USD461 million joint venture and divestment transaction
- The owner of 1.5 million m2 of prime property in Lagos State, valued at more than USD300 million, against all disputes regarding title and ownership