Our Corporate practice group provides corporate and commercial services to a wide range of local and global clients. The lawyers in this practice group are well-trained, experienced and knowledgeable in advising startups, emerging and established business vehicles and financial institutions on all business arrangements and investment activities.
We handle various types of corporate and commercial transactions including and involving corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), private equity, venture capital, capital markets, corporate finance, corporate regulatory compliance, corporate governance and company secretarial services.
We advise clients on appropriate structures for their transactions, negotiate the terms of the transaction agreements or contracts and assist them through all the phases of their transactions from formulation of strategy to deal close, in order to achieve their specific objectives.
Our clients benefit from our invaluable expertise in handling all aspects of simple and complex domestic and cross-border transactions. Our in-depth knowledge of both general and sector specific Nigerian laws helps us to carefully analyze and provide solutions to knotty transactional issues, thereby providing great value to our clients.
Experience has included advising:
- Nutriset Group in the incorporation and operation of their Nigerian joint venture franchise
- Mavin Records Limited in the first record label acquisition by a foreign venture capital firm in Nigeria
- One of the oldest and most prominent Nigerian construction companies in a scheme of arrangement for the acquisition of the minority shareholding in the company
- Nampak International Limited for the sale of its entire equity stake in the Nampak entities in Nigeria
- A multinational hospitality company with respect to its proposed franchise arrangement in Nigeria
- One of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the energy industry, in the reorganization of its share capital and business operations
- A leading internet service and data provider on the terms or reference and charters for the implementation of corporate governance principles in the telecommunications industry in Nigeria
- A top joint venture entity on the regulatory compliance for operating within a free trade zone in Nigeria
- The Receiver-Manager and Secured Lenders of a pharmaceutical company in relation to the sale of the pharmaceutical and IVF assets of the company
- A multinational conglomerate company on its global restructuring
“The Chairman is responsible for providing overall leadership of the Company and the Board, and eliciting the constructive participation of all Directors to facilitate effective direction of the Board’.
In this repository, we provide a list of directives issued by the Nigerian government to guide and alleviate issues posed by COVID-19.
In this publication, we provide responses to questions that can assist Nigerian corporate leaders in planning their recovery and managing business risks brought about by the pandemic.