Our finance and projects lawyers advise clients across the sector, we help take advantage of opportunities and protect the business interests. With the world finance markets regaining balance, clients continue to look to our lawyers to help them navigate the credit markets as well as the compliance requirements for enacted regulations.
We work with all participants in the financial markets, including many of the leading financial institutions, borrowers, sponsors, and other capital providers and users. We help to analyse potential risks and develop both short- and long-term plans best suited for their business goals. Our clients benefit from our sophisticated understanding of the industry worldwide whether their transaction is local, national, or international.
In addition to our core lender and borrower representations, we advise clients in both new and established financial transactions and structures, including acquisition financings, asset based lending and cross-border investments.
Experience has included advising:
- Oando Energy Resources Inc. on its acquisition of Conoco Phillips Nigerian assets valued at USD1.79 billion
- Samsung Heavy Industries on reserve based lending for upstream oil & gas acquisition valued at over USD450 million and a USD3 billion FPSO EPC project
- A corporate entity on acquisition of oil and gas assets valued at over USD350 million
- An oil and gas company on a syndicated medium term financing of NGN60 billion (USD400 million)
- Vitol/Helios downstream joint venture negotiation and implementation valued at over USD461 million
- Oando Plc in a cross border investment (equity, debt/hybrid) valued at USD680 million
- An entity on the establishment of an oil storage facility and single point mooring system in the Lekki Free Trade Zone valued at over USD200 million
- Warner Music Group on its investment in one of Nigeria’s record label’s Chocolate City Group
- "We have found the firm as a whole to provide excellent advice and to be responsive, commercial and technically skilled…" (IFLR, Energy and Infrastructure Report 2015)
- "They are very competent not only from the legal perspective by they are very commercial. Some of the lawyers have specific energy industry experience, a couple were engineers in a previous life and one was an investment banker. The firm as a whole has a broad offering and is also good in infrastructure" (IFLR 2015)
- "The firm is most consistently strong on technical points" (IFLR 2016)