Access the laws and MDAs in the innovative & creative industry.
Our finance team has in Nigeria has unparalleled experience in this sector, with our lawyers consistently ranked as leaders in financial services.
They bring career experience in banking, securities, private equity and venture capital, and advise many of the largest financial services companies and institutions on both their day-to-day operations and wider strategic objectives.
We help organizations to contend with a diverse range of legal issues in banking including restructurings, regulatory demands and the compliance costs that have come with reform.
Our clients include asset managers, building societies, capital markets and their participants, investment banks, national regulators, private banks, private equity firms, professional services organizations engaged principally in financial services and retail banks. We also regularly work with retail intermediaries on the legal issues involved in selling financial services to consumers.
Experience has included advising:
- Warner Music Group on its investment in Nigerian record label Chocolate City Group
- On financing the largest cement manufacturing plant in Africa (USD1 billion)
- The sponsor of the USD300 million financing and development of a fabrication and integration yard and quay wall for the Egina project
- Samsung Heavy Industries as sponsor and its subsidiaries and affiliates in constructing and executing the USD3 billion Egina FPSO EPC contract in Nigeria
- Solar Garden Project Limited as borrower on the debt financing of USD125 million to construct and develop residential/commercial real estate
- Solar Garden Project Limited as borrower on debt financing of NGN14.5 billion to construct and develop residential/commercial real estate
- The seller in the sale of a 3G telecoms operator to Etisalat
- A Nigerian bank in a suit relating to the liabilities of a borrower, duty of a stockbroker and rights of the lender under a share loan agreement in a margin lending transaction
- A multinational company in winding up a Nigerian company in an effort to enforce a monetary court judgement worth USD22 million
- Nigerian Government agencies to trace, identify and recover improperly appropriated funds and assets within and outside Nigeria; we successfully carried out comprehensive asset tracing covering several identified debtors and instituted debt recovery actions; total outstanding indebtedness is more than NGN20 billion
- Project Finance Team / Firm of the Year (ESQ Legal Awards, one of Nigeria’s top legal awards)
- "They get the job effectively and efficiently and at times raise the bar by advising legal alternatives that translate into cost savings for the client" (IFLR1000 2017)
- "A value oriented law firm, providing bespoke solutions to unique challenges. Their ability to think outside the box in providing legal advice sets them apart from the rest of the industry" (IFLR1000 2017)
In Africa, between 2012 and 2017, 953 private equity (PE) deals – worth US$24.4 billion – were reported.
OOLLP congratulates Rand Merchant Bank on its 5th year anniversary in Nigeria. Our Partner Sandra Oyewole with MD Rand Merchant Bank Limited, Michael Larbie during the Cocktails and Art Exhibition and Samuel Salako Partner, OOLLP, with MD Agusto and Co, Vivien Shobo, at the Celebratory Dinner which were both part of the events to celebrate the 5th Anniversary of Rand Merchant Bank Limited in Nigeria recently.
Olajide Oyewole LLP Senior Associate, Otu Ukoyen (4th L), members of IPLAN and a representative of INTA for Africa met with the former deputy speaker of the House of Representatives of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Honourable Chukwuemeka Ihedioha to discuss the Industrial Property Commission Bill in Abuja recently.