Our lawyers in Nigeria advise on the purchase and sale of existing power assets, as well as on the siting, development, permitting and financing of power projects, both thermal and renewable.
We act for governments, sponsors and lenders across a range of matters, from the development, construction and financing of power projects to issues related to transmission and distribution networks.
Experience has included advising:
- 2 DFIs in respect of cross border financing of solar panel/off grid power solutions involving an offshore holding company and Nigerian operating subsidiaries
- Txtlight Power Solutions Limited/Lumos on its USD15million OPIC financing for development and sale of rooftop solar kits to consumers in Nigeria through lease to own arrangements
- Mainstream Energy (Kainji and Jebba Hydro Power) on a 1,333 MW project company
- On the development and construction of Alausa Power Plant (10.4 MW)
- On the development and construction of a 12.5 MW IPP for Lagos State Water Corporation
- On sale/divestment of Akute Power (IPP)
- On sale of one of Nigeria’s largest integrated gas and power companies
- On the development and financing of an embedded Gas Power IPP for supply to eligible off takers in Lagos Nigeria