We expect delays, long adjournments, extension of time and consideration of virtual hearings by the heads of courts.
Muyiwa Ogungbenro advises and represents clients in commercial cross-border litigation, shareholders' disputes and international trade disputes. He also advises on tortious actions such as economic torts and negligence. He represents parties in Nigerian courts and before international commercial arbitration tribunals.
He has worked with O&O Networks Ltd – a subsidiary of Ecobank, Samsung Heavy Industries, Supersport, Arcadia and the Lagos State government.
Muyiwa also advises businesses and projects on Nigerian taxes and he represents clients in tax disputes before Nigerian courts and tax tribunals.
Experience has included advising:
- Samsung Heavy Industries on a shareholders' dispute with LADOL Group
- O&O Networks, a member of Ecobank Group, in an unfair prejudice claim against Bharti Airtel
- A selling shareholder of Airtel Nigeria in a shareholders' dispute with Econet Wireless group
- The Falae family against the associated airline and the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority on liabilities arising from Flight 361's crash
- Aero Contractors in a tax dispute with CHC Helicopters
- Samsung Heavy Industries in a contractual dispute with Alcamo
- Intels in an economic tort dispute with Nigerdock
- Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (2005)
- University of Manchester (2010)
- Professional Part 1, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Nigeria Law School (2005)
- University of Ilorin, LL.B. (2003)
- Nominee, ESQ Nigeria Under 40 Lawyers (2018)
- Jan to October 2007, Counsel, Nigeria-based law firm
- Nigerian Bar Association
- International Chamber of Commerce Arbitration Committee
- Young International Arbitration Group, London Court of International Arbitration
A business name is an individual (sole proprietor) or a partnership trading or doing business under the name and style of the individual’s choice.
To many start-ups, there is no choice between a limited liability company or other means of doing business.