Atinuke is a member of our Finance and Projects (Telecommunications and Infrastructure) team and is the Director responsible for knowledge management and training. She practices general corporate commercial law with particular emphasis on specialized transactions in the telecommunications, energy, IT and infrastructure sectors. She also provides services to private clients.
Atinuke has advised parties across the spectrum of public-private partnerships (PPP) projects ranging from a state government on a rail project to a project sponsor on a greenfield port project. Her infrastructure experience is focused primarily on the transportation sector.
Atinuke has considerable knowledge in the area of technology contracts and she advises both national and international clients on licensing and regulatory issues.
Atinuke has worked with various private clients on transactions ranging from wealth structuring advice to the creation of trusts.
Experience has included advising:
- Both international and Nigerian shareholders, on the structuring of foreign investment of USD730 million in a Nigerian company
- The promoters of a greenfield port and free trade zone at Badagry, at an estimated cost of USD2 billion
- As part of the team, the buyer in the acquisition of controlling interests in a marine services company
- Lagos State government, on the establishment and operation of a mass rail system of transportation in Lagos State, ‘Red Line’, valued at USD700 million
- As a team member, an oil service company, on transaction for establishment of an oil storage facility and single mooring system in the Lekki Free Trade Zone, valued at USD200 million
- As a team member, a leading telecommunications company, on the transaction for the sale of a 3G mobile license in Nigeria
- A settlor, on succession planning and setting up a family trust
- A technology company, in relation to its provision of revenue lifecycle management and value added services to an indigenous power distribution company
- Foreign investors, on the Nigerian regulatory framework and general business laws
- An aviation company, in relation to lease, registration and management of a number of aircrafts
- Barrister and Solicitor admitted to the Nigerian Bar (2004)
- Nigerian Law School, B.L. (2004)
- Cardiff University, Wales, LL.B. (2000)
- 2019 to present, Director, Olajide Oyewole LLP, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Nigeria
- 2012 to 2018, Senior Associate, Olajide Oyewole LLP, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Nigeria
- 2007 to 2012, Advisor, Nigerian-based advisory service
- 2004 to 2007, Legal Officer, Nigerian-based telecommunications company
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association