Chidimma Iwunze is an associate with the firm’s Finance and Project Group. She is actively involved in the firm’s energy and project finance transactions and is part of the team that advises clients on various matters relating to private equity transactions, corporate restructuring, debt financing, asset based lending, acquisition and infrastructure financing, corporate restructuring and Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) in the energy and finance sectors. She aids in advising potential investors (indigenous and foreign) in projects and also participating in due diligence exercises, corporate governance & regulatory assessment and compliance.
She assists clients with drafting and reviewing wide range of commercial agreements and resolving issues that arise therefrom as well as providing day to day support to clients.
Chidimma's clients range from finance institutions, government bodies, companies and key stakeholders in the oil and gas, power and energy sectors.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, two International DFIs in respect of cross border long term financing of solar panel/off-grid power solutions involving an offshore holding company and the Nigerian operating subsidiaries.
- As a team member, a Nigerian energy company on its acquisition of majority interest in an electricity distribution company and in carrying out due diligence in preparation for the acquisition.
- As a team member, advising a multi-national company on operating a sea port terminal/bonded warehouse in a free trade zone in Nigeria.
- As a team member, acting for the Lenders in a US$10 million investment in a renewable energy company in Nigeria.
- As a team member, a Nigerian power generating company in connection with the provision of a term loan facility in the aggregate sum of USD12.5 million.
- Advocate and Solicitor admitted to the Nigerian Bar (2018)
- Nigerian Law School, B.L, (2018)
- Imo State University, LL.B, (2017)
- 2020 to date, Associate, Olajide Oyewole LLP, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Nigeria
- 2018 – 2019, Trainee Associate, Lagos-based law firm.
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association