Fouad Seriki is an Associate with the Dispute Resolution group at Olajide Oyewole LLP.
He is actively involved in the firm's litigation practice and represents / defends local and international clients in litigation proceedings. Fouad regularly appears before the federal and state high courts and other superior courts of record in Nigeria.
Notably, Fouad is part of the team representing the operators of one of the largest shopping malls in Nigeria in several disputes with its tenants, as well as providing legal advice on various issues.
Fouad has also been involved in providing general advisory services on a variety of transactions ranging from investment, regulatory compliance, joint ventures, and recovery of debt. He also assists clients in settling disputes out of court.
He is keen on providing practical and suitable solutions to meet a client's specific needs.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a multinational company, in several litigation disputes against various parties regarding an oil and gas project valued at about USD300 million.
- As a team member, a minority shareholder, in a petition for minority protection against a leading telecommunications company for unfairly prejudicial conduct.
- As a team member, a major Nigerian airline, in a litigation dispute.
- As a team member, an investor, on the acquisition of a restaurant located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- An investment firm, in recovery of debt, bankruptcy and winding-up proceedings against its debtors.
- An international technology solutions company, in a dispute with its Nigerian affiliate.
- Barrister and Solicitor admitted with the Supreme Court of Nigeria (2016).
- University of Hertfordshire, LL.B. (2015).
- 2017, NYSC Associate, Lagos-based law firm.
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.