Olufunke is a Legal Director in the Corporate/Commercial practice of the firm. She leads the Governance and Compliance practice group with a substantial experience in company secretarial and business advisory support.
Prior to her joining the firm, she had spent almost a decade in one of the top five law firms in Nigeria, where she worked with clients in various sectors (telecommunications, FMCG, manufacturing) advising on a range of share and business acquisitions and disposals, private equity work, cross-border transactions, joint ventures and group reorganizations.
Experience has included advising:
- Mavin Records Limited, on the recently concluded USD5 million acquisition of assets sponsored by a private equity firm.
- Boulos Foods and Beverages Limited, on the sale of the 175,000,000 ordinary shares held by the International Finance Corporation.
- A company, on the ongoing sale of the assets of a company in receivership within the FMCG sector.
- Mainstreet Bank Limited, on the proposed acquisition by a Moroccan financial institution.
- Dangote Cement Plc, on the landmark merger between Dangote Cement Plc and Benue Cement Plc which contributed about NGN2.13 trillion to the market capitalization of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 2010.
- BevPak Nigeria Limited, in relation to the proposed acquisition of shares in by CMB Plastique Maroc.
- Africa Oilfield Services Ltd, on the merger between Africa Oilfield Services Ltd and Orwell International Oil & Gas Ltd producing one of Nigeria’s leading oil and gas servicing companies.
- GZ Industries Limited, relating to the acquisition of controlling interest in by private equity investors.
- MTN Communications Limited, on the USD200 million share acquisition of Visafone Communications Limited.
- Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators UK (2016)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the supreme court of Nigeria (2007)
- Durham University, UK, Master of Laws (2016)
- University of Ibadan, Bachelor of Laws (2005)
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
A business name is an individual (sole proprietor) or a partnership trading or doing business under the name and style of the individual’s choice.