Olufunmilola Binuyo acts as in-house counsel and advises top industries in Nigeria on a wide range of issues relating to their business operations.
Experience has included advising:
- Foreign entities on aspects of the takeover of two record labels in Nigeria.
- The Nigerian Copyright Commission on the requisite changes and general overhaul of the current Nigerian Copyright Act with emphasis on electronic rights and digital distribution.
- On contract negotiation, reviewing and drafting of various agreements such as subcontractor agreements, consultancy agreements, service agreements, collaboration agreements, employment agreements, and secondment agreements.
- On several matters relating to free zone enterprises, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulatory matters.
- Clients on employment and immigration matters that relate to Nigerians and expatriates.
- On laws related to the free zone enterprise. These include the Nigerian Export Processing Zones Act, Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act, Immigration Act and Nigerian employment laws.
- On issues relating the day-to-day business activities of the free zone enterprise.
- And corresponding with different regulatory bodies and government agencies.
On the copyright law in Nigeria and other jurisdictions such as UK and France.
On intellectual property issues with the focus on copyright law. These include issues relating to piracy and working with stakeholders in the industry on tackling the issue.
On matters relating to media, entertainment, sports, technology and intellectual property. This includes drafting agreements relating to intellectual property on music licenses and releases, sponsorship agreements, recording agreements, 360-deals, merchandise agreements, music publishing agreements, book publishing agreements and distribution agreements.
And reviewing agreements relating to telecommunications, entertainment, internet, information technology, social networking, joint ventures, and e-commerce.
- Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (2004)
- Nigerian Law School, B.L. (2004)
- University of Ibadan, LL.B. (2002)
- 2012 to date, Senior Associate, Olajide Oyewole LLP, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Nigeria
- 2010 to 2012, Associate, Olajide Oyewole LLP, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Nigeria
- 2008 to 2010, Private Practice
- 2006 to 2008, Associate, Lagos-based law firm
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association