Oluwatomi Etomi is a finance and projects lawyer based in Lagos. Tomi has represented local and international clients on matters relating to infrastructure, energy and natural resources, and financial services.
He has been a team member advising on landmark projects such as, the establishment of a mass transit rail system by a state government and the construction and execution of a USD3 billion FPSO contract.
Tomi has also advised clients in the energy, financial services, transportation, telecoms, construction, aviation and the FMCG sectors.
As part of his work as part of the Finance and Projects team, Tomi advises clients on employment and technology instructions. His clients include logistics, start-ups and manufacturing companies.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a state government, in the establishment of a mass transit rail system
- As a team member, a Nigerian oil company, in negotiations of an SPA and implementation of a USD461 million downstream joint venture
- As a team member, various companies in oil and gas, power, financial services and telecoms sectors on project due diligence assignments
- As a team member, a ship manufacturer, on various legal points on the construction and execution of a USD3 billion FPSO contact including, legal opinions on free zone authority matters, local content, expatriate quotas, various licenses and permits
- As a team member, a power generation company, in reviewing and drafting EPC and management contracts
- As a team member, an aviation company, in the sale of a USD12 million asset
- As a team member, a multinational FMCG company, on various environmental and regulatory compliance issues required for manufacturing in Nigeria
- As a team member, a real estate PPP project sponsor, in the establishment of a housing scheme
- As a team member, a tower infrastructure company, on regulations and infrastructure share agreement
- As a team member, a global cloud services provider, in local telecoms regulations
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (2014)
- BPP Law School, London (2013)
- University of Hull, BA Business Economics (2006)
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- Member of the Nigerian Gas Association